Monday, October 29, 2018

Unboxing - Seed Bank Box - October 2018


Bull's Blood Beet - I'm not the biggest fan of beets, but this particular type has bright, purple leaves that are great for salads. I'm willing to try it once, of course, but it's good that I know a few family members that enjoy beets more than I do.

Garlic Chives - This unique onion will fit right in with the new area of my garden. It's used often in Asian dishes but in the garden, the small flowers that bloom help to attract pollinators and keep my garden looking beautiful and alive.

Giant Prague Celeriac - This unique looking vegetable can be identified by it knobby roots and is popular in Europe. This relative of celery is commonly feature in mashed potatoes, soup or simply fried. Interesting!

Salt and Pepper Cucumber - They taste similar to most cucumbers but what sets this type apart from the rest is it's pale complexion. The tiny black spikes on this white cucumber is where the name is derived and is great for pickling.

Spring Tower Greens - The leafy greens of this lettuce can be good for salads, but the bitter stalks of this Chinese specialty is great in soups and stir fry!

Black Magic Kale - This dark-leafed beauty will add some contrast to my garden, nutrients to my dinner table and is suggested for making a healthy snack - kale chips.

Cherry Belle Radish - These round, spicy roots are great in salads and quick to grow! 

Early Frosty Pea - These babies are frost tolerant so they can tolerate being grown in the cooler seasons. They're also great for freezing once harvested so you can save them for a later date.

As mentioned in my video, this will be my last Seed Bank Box delivery. I have so many seeds to be planted next season and I don't think I have much more room in my garden for any more deliveries. This service has been wonderful and I hope to be able to return to it in the future, but I need to cut down on what I'm spending on my garden.

WE'D LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU
grandmasEFG@gmail.com

PLEASE SUBSCRIBE

No comments:

Post a Comment