Sunday, June 3, 2018

World Bicycle Day

In April of this year according to Wikipedia, the United Nations declared June 3 an official "day of awareness about the multiple societal benefits of using the bicycle for transport and leisure." This day has been dubbed World Bicycle Day. In honor of this new holiday, I dug through my photo history to pull up some instances of bicycles in my garden.


This double planter bicycle was purchased many years ago. It was weather-beaten so I spent a day with my granddaughter repainting it. We first put a white coat and then a purple so that it would stand out more in the garden (it was originally black).


Here you can see the bicycle was used in a Mother's Day gift post in 2016. I do have plans to bring this unique planter back into my garden this Summer after some sprucing up.


This smaller bicycle planter was gifted to me by one of My Fairy Folks. I think it would be a good thing to repaint with a bright color, but it came to me in such good condition, I don't feel it's right to cover that just yet. When it becomes more weathered, I think I'd like to paint the seat green and the rest of the bike with a bright pop of color.

WE'D LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU
grandmasEFG@gmail.com
PLEASE SUBSCRIBE

No comments:

Post a Comment