Thursday, July 26, 2018

Myrtle Creek - Curious Gardens



Here is the arched path that takes you to the house on the hill, just beyond this ticket booth. This post is a continuation of the Myrtle Creek Nursery tour.


My granddaughter and I each traded 5 american dollars for 5 Curious Gardens bucks that can be used inside to purchase many things to help personalize your garden.


Here are some of the unique containers that can be purchased and used in the workshop. I purchased the one on the bottom shelf. I called beforehand and asked if we were able to bring our own container and decorations, which they were fine with, so my granddaughter brought her own container.


There were so many items for sale to accentuate your container garden ranging from colorful stones and pebbles, many styles of fairies and animals, houses, plants and more! Here is only one of the tables with a few plants that were on display. 


This large example of a container garden sits right at the entrance of the Curious Gardens which I'm sure is meant to inspire and peak the curiosity of any passerby.


There were so many small fairy gardens spread throughout the grounds and the house. I found it hard to not stop every five feet and take a photo!


The workshop is held in a nice size room with rows of working surfaces, chairs and tubs full of soil. The walls are adorned with decor that inspires creativity and reflects the unique character found inside the house. The woman on the left in the red is the Fairy Godmother (Debra). She is integral to the Curious Gardens experience as she guides guests through the house tour and encourages them to take in the inspiration scattered throughout and to meet her in the work space area when they're ready. 


This garden is what I created. While I did bring my own decor and accessories, I didn't end up using any of them since I found all of these unique pieces in the Curious Gardens shop. I was sold on these sprite looking beings the moment I saw them. I was amazed at the range of suppliers they stocked as evident by the many styles of fairies, animals and decor including this natural-looking door that I've hidden amidst moss and corkscrew greenery.


This container garden was created by my granddaughter. Both pieces were purchased in the Curious Gardens store, as well as the colored stones, moss and plant. Of the items they have for sale, I'd say the container and moss are the best deals in this workshop. We each purchased a basket of moss (which included multiple colors as well as sticks) and the moss my granddaughter didn't use in her creation went to my larger container which worked out perfectly. 


Here are two young participants that shared the work space with us that morning. Their creation can be see on the table next to them. The Fairy Godmother had some great suggestions for this work of art but was put together with these tiny hands!


Here is another creative little participant in the workshop. Her art is contained within this natural container sold in the Curious Gardens shop. It could easily blend in to her garden at home! Before we left the Gardens, we took advantage of the air conditioned tea room where hot tea was offered and had a conversation about gardening with some other guests of the house who stopped to admire our creations fresh from the workshop.

As I said, I couldn't stop taking pictures, so below is the slideshow of the majority of my pictures within the gates of the Curious Gardens. I also want to thank all participants who allowed me to take photos to share the experience with my followers. If you see yourself in any of the pictures below, please feel free to comment with how you felt about your experience at this workshop.



I was able to ask Emma the cashier a few questions to quench my curiosity about the building that houses all these magical things. The house was built in 1972 and based on a 1600s plantation home. The house was used for special events and tea parties before the fairies moved in at the end of March 2018. However, the fairy workshop is not new to Myrtle Creek Nursery and had been held elsewhere on the grounds for a few years. The popularity of fairy gardens and the workshop caused them to grow from the two vendors they began with (which focused mainly on farm animals) and move up to the house on the hill.

I want to give a final thank you to Myrtle Creek Nursery and encourage others to experience what they have to offer - make sure you set aside a whole day though because there's so much to explore! If you'd like to learn more about this business, visit their website HERE.

WE'D LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU
grandmasEFG@gmail.com
PLEASE SUBSCRIBE

No comments:

Post a Comment