Saturday, July 21, 2018

Myrtle Creek - Tour

 

My granddaughter and I took a short road trip to Fallbrook, CA earlier this month to visit Myrtle Creek Nursery. She had been seeing advertisements for it on Facebook and decided we needed to make a trip during her Summer break. I'm not one to say no to a trip to the nursery, even one that is 60 miles away.


Upon arrival, we were welcomed by an employee in the parking lot who gave us this map when he found out it was our first visit. Have you been to a nursery that required a map!? The weather was hot when we arrived at 10am. It was hotter when we left around 3pm. I'm hoping the temperature is a good enough excuse for the fact that we were only able to appreciate 50% of this map and I also hope to return when the weather is cooler.


From the parking lot we made our way through the large area and many tables where they have plants of many sizes and varieties. I had to stop at this tree just outside the gift shop to take this photo. If you click to enlarge, you will see some lovely potted succulents with an overflow design. I'm keeping this in my catalog of "things to try" for my own garden.


This lovely area is the carriage house, right next to Cafe Bloom. There are so many natural elements in this area, from the seating to the wall decor. I especially love this picture since I was able to capture the outdoor seating area and fountain in the mirror.


There is quite a lot of seating throughout the nursery (which was a blessing for me), but the most beautiful seating was at Cafe Bloom. Here you can enjoy fresh, healthy food that include salads, crepes, sandwiches, daily specials and made to order food truck specials!


And if the atmosphere wasn't quaint enough, our food arrived in a basket, bringing me back to the days of picnics. I enjoyed the turkey club on a pretzel bun and my granddaughter ordered the melon salad with mint vinaigrette, both from the Farm to Table menu.


This was posted inside the cafe, encouraging patrons to visit the lovely house on the hill. No need to sway us, we're on our way! And I'll save that experience for another post.

To learn more about Myrtle Creek Botanical Gardens & Nursery, please visit their website, discovermyrtlecreek.com

WE'D LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU
grandmasEFG@gmail.com
PLEASE SUBSCRIBE

No comments:

Post a Comment