Sunday, July 29, 2018

Unboxing - Seed Bank Box - July 2018


This month's delivery of seeds includes a few flowers, but everything is edible. I continue to believe that this company is researching my interests and sending me the perfect variety of seeds.

Johnny Jump-Up Viola - This is one of my favorites and no stranger to my garden. Because it is edible, it will be a welcome addition to either my flower garden or food garden.

Sweet Banana Pepper - More sweet than heat, this pepper is a great candidate for pickling. These mild peppers begin yellow, transitioning to orange and then red which will make for great photo opportunities.

Dark Opal Basil - According to the information card, this basil loves the heat (which is great since we're getting so much here in Southern California) and will attract all the right insects. I'm also looking forward to the pink flowers it produces.

Golden Beauty Casaba Melon - This melon originated from Turkey and is similar to honeydew. It's unique husk makes it easy to store during the winter.

Piel de Sapo Melon - Also similar to honeydew (and pineapple, according to the information card), this hearty grower has an interesting color pattern with a sweet interior. 

Grey Zucchini Summer Squash - Most squash grow on vines but this stout, flavorful variety grows on a bush, saving a bit of space in the garden. 

Lemon Mint - Pink and purple blooms from this unique wildflower will bring bees and butterflies to my garden. Leaves and flowers from this plant are edible and make a great pot of citrus-flavored tea.

New Zealand Spinach - I'm a big fan of spinach so I'm excited to try this "fake" spinach in my yard. Thankfully, this plant thrives in warmer weather.

If you'd like to watch the unboxing video, click here.



If you'd like to have your very own Seed Bank Box delivered to your house to brighten your garden and kitchen table, use this code that Seed Bank Box gave me just for My Fairy Folks! 
https://www.seedbankbox.com?rfsn=1330031.b0ef5

WE'D LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU
grandmasEFG@gmail.com
PLEASE SUBSCRIBE

No comments:

Post a Comment