Tuesday, January 27, 2015

When Life Gives You 'Lemon Bombs'

Nicholai, one of the few male fairies in Grandma's Fairy Garden, was a dear and helped me to capture the size of this lemon that fell from my tree by sitting on it.

One difficulty I've had in my Fairy Garden each year is 'lemon bombs.' The fairies have learned that before any fun can be had at the Winter Festival, some moving must be done of the town just under the lemon tree or else their houses might be crushed by falling, ripe lemons. This past year there was a close call; the community was so busy with the departure of the Queen and Princess on their fairy community tour and the arrival of the orphaned fairies, they hadn't been able to move anything before the first lemon bomb. Fortunately, no one was hurt and nothing was damaged, but I've decided that I need to expand my garden to ensure the safety of these fairies. I've already begun preparation and hope to be finished come April.


PLEASE COME VISIT MY FAIRY PAGE
grandmasefg@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment