Saturday, April 7, 2018

Completed! Sweet Pea Teepee

If you're just joining us here at Grandma's Enchanted Fairy Garden, this post will need a little back story. But because this is a blog and not an in-person story telling, I can just tell you to click on this link to see how the Sweet Pea Teepee got to this point.


Here it is. After six months of patiently and then impatiently waiting for this DIY project to come to fruition, here it is! The Sweet Pea Teepee.


Here is the back of the teepee, on the left, and its close neighbor, a Rosemary Bush which is the namesake of this area of my garden (Rosemary Park).


This teepee began in September as an awkward cone-shape of twigs, yarn and ribbon and itty bitty sweet pea seedlings. Once it started showing progress, I decided to add extra structure to keep the plant growing in the direction I wanted. I also added a fern on either side of the opening to give it a little more character and separation from the rest of the structure.


Can you believe how well it turned out? I began this journey with inspiration from a smaller project (noted in the origins post) and am so happy that it panned out in a larger scale. And how much room is in this teepee exactly? I have a few pictures to show you next week that will give you an idea. See you then!


PLEASE COME VISIT MY FAIRY PAGE
grandmasefg@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment