Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Name This Mystery Plant

Back in July I noticed a curious plant that I initially thought was a sunflower plant. It had begun to bloom these lovely falls and I would love some help from My Fairy Folks to identify this species. I am surprised with how heafty and healthy this plant is and wouldn't mind adding more to my garden. It has grown so tall, I had my granddaughter pose next to it to show it's full height by propping it up a bit. It's so heavy that I had to tie it to the fence!

Chelsea tries to prop up the plant to show it's full height.

Here is the beginning stage of what will soon be a large, heavy frond.

The weight of the flowers cause the plant to droop.

This photo was taken in the middle of October. I'm very surprised with how long it has stayed lovely and full. It would be a great plant to help block my view of my neighbor's yard.


If you have any guess of what this plant species could be, please leave me a comment on this blog post or send me an email. I'd really appreciate the help of my Fairy community.



PLEASE COME VISIT MY FAIRY PAGE
www.facebook.com/GrandmasEFG
grandmasefg@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment