Friday, July 13, 2018

First Salad Harvest of 2018


Last month we took a look at the beginning of my food garden, specifically the area where I started my salad garden. This was how the main area looked back in February. 
These young cherry tomatoes grew quickly and have been thriving (unlike some other plants).
By April, my salad garden had filled out significantly, including the cinder block area and three separate pots for leafy greens.
When it came to harvesting the salad, I just couldn't keep up! My granddaughter would come over once or twice a week for a full bag of salad but could have easily made an extra trip each week at the rate my garden was replenishing!


This full salad is made from butter lettuce, red romaine and cherry tomatoes, all from my very own back yard!
These baby carrots are also from my garden - very few grew but they were delicious. Unfortunately the heat of June killed off all the leafy greens (the spinach held on the longest). The tomato and carrots are still holding strong thankfully.

WE'D LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU
grandmasEFG@gmail.com
PLEASE SUBSCRIBE

No comments:

Post a Comment