Wednesday, July 18, 2018

My Fairy Folks - Path of Success

I received a message recently from one of My Fairy Folks. In this message she explained how she was motivated based on my Garden A Day Challenge to do something in her garden each day of July. She settled on cleaning up an overgrown path in her yard. She counted the pavers and divided the work equally throughout the month. The foliage was thick and covered the walkway making the pavers not visible. 


The pavers shown above were once obstructed from view by dymondia margaretae, a ground coverage plant that is more commonly known as "Silver Carpet." According to Gardenia.net, this plant sprouts small, yellow flowers in the summer and is drought tolerant but will grow quickly when watered. A benefit of having Silver Carpet in your yard is that it is a heart plant with deep roots that tolerates foot traffic well and also grows to be a thick mat that prevents weeds from sprouting.

"I never would have got the project finished if I hadn't divided up the work one day at a time because of my bad knees." 

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and I'm so glad I was able to inspire at least one person out there! If you have any projects you've completed that were inspired by this blog, please feel free to send me information so I can feature it during this monthly spotlight.

WE'D LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU
grandmasEFG@gmail.com
PLEASE SUBSCRIBE

No comments:

Post a Comment