Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Primp and Proper Repaint


The picture is a little blurry but it shows a lawn ornament nestled amongst the greenery that I've had for a few years. It is actually a solar light that has been weathered and the bottom right of the solar panel has been chipped. She was very beautiful but when the light stopped working, I was so sad yet I couldn't bring myself to toss her. Thankfully I have gained some artsy skills in the last few years and decided it was her time for a blog spotlight. In the video below, you can see the transition from beginning to end. 



Now that's much better! She pops with those bright colors and even more colors will be growing within her. There is still more work to be done, but I just had to share how wonderful it turned out. There will be an update within the next few months.

Also, I've done some paint projects in the past and have realized that I have neglected to mention that I get all my paint supplies from Dunn-Edwards Paints in Riverside. For this particular project I used Rust-oleum Painter's Touch Paint and Primer Ultra Cover which boasts fast drying, use for indoor or outdoor and can be used on wood, metal, plastic and more which is wonderful when you have multiple types of projects to work on.


PLEASE COME VISIT MY FAIRY PAGE

No comments:

Post a Comment