Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Fairy Garden Class - Anticipating Spring


Zinnia sits on a flower under a floral trellis petting a lady bug in her hand. Thorin the porcupine hums a sweet tune while he cuts through the morning chill on a small swing. They both talk about things they are looking forward to this Spring.


I began this container garden with a large tin bucket (from Michael's for $9) and put in drainage holes. I purchased an array of colorful flowers from Home Depot including yellow snap dragons, red petunias and pink vinca. My centerpiece will be the Perilla 'Magilla' which has beautifully colored leaves.


After deciding how I wanted the layout to look, I went ahead and added coffee filters at the very bottom, topped with small rocks and finished off with the potting soil. The largest plant is place in the rear middle first and the smaller plants fill in the sides evenly. As usual, I left a large area in the middle and front so that I can add decorations.



The soil is covered by a sheet of faux moss to set a lovely scene. The small rocks create a nice border as well as cover any visibility of the moss edge. Pinecones are a nice way to fill in space with a natural look.



PLEASE COME VISIT MY FAIRY PAGE
grandmasefg@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment