Tuesday, October 9, 2018

My Fairy Folks - Unexpected Harvest


A few months ago I received some pictures from one of My Fairy Folks that I knew would be perfect to share this month. This first photo is a jack-o-lantern that Gus from Riverside carved and decorated her porch with last Halloween. Very creative. After the festivities had ended, Gus hosed off the porch and called it a day. By June of this year, some interesting development had begun to happen near the front porch. A personal pumpkin patch had grown!


In July, the plant had grown significantly. "It's tripled in size over the past week" Gus wrote.


A beautiful bloom.


Mid August is when the first pumpkin showed up.


In September, I got this update:
"I had to cut most of the pumpkin plant off because it was dying. The only one that grew is still going strong though so I left him some leaves for shade and a plate to rest on so his pumpkin butt doesn't rot in the wet grass. We named him Ichabod."


And here is the most recent picture. What a wonderful story! I'm eager to hear what becomes of Ichabod. Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful garden adventure.

WE'D LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU
grandmasEFG@gmail.com
PLEASE SUBSCRIBE

No comments:

Post a Comment