Sunday, October 14, 2018

Fairy Garden Class - Strawberry Patch



I recovered this plastic container (with drainage holes, small rocks on the bottom and some leftover soil) from a previous garden that died out. I cleared the top level of soil and added some fresh soil mixed with worm casting. I'm really liking the results I've been having since using worm casting.


These three transplanted strawberry plants were purchased at Lowe's for $3 each. 


Purple Orach and Gold Mighty Mustard seeds are also planted in this container. For now, there is a lot of empty space. Once these plants begin to thrive, they will fill in the entire container. For now, we have an opportunity to fill the empty space with a fairy garden.


Grass clippings cover the soil to keep in moisture. A bright red strawberry house will soon enough be surrounded by budding fruits. A few more miniature decorative pieces and a fairy complete this scene and the container has been moved to the food garden area of my yard, nestled amidst young tomatoes. I plan to start doing more fairy scenes in my food garden.

WE'D LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU
grandmasEFG@gmail.com
PLEASE SUBSCRIBE

No comments:

Post a Comment