Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Local Happenings: Green Scene Expo 2019


Another year, another Green Scene Expo trip with my best friend! Last year my blog post focused more on the vendors and items being sold, so this year, while I did purchase items and enjoyed the vendor section, I decided to focus more on the natural beauty of the Fullerton Arboretum.


This walkway is lined with seating and covered with beautiful flowers, making it a great spot to relax, take in the beauty and enjoy the company of your friends and nature.


The Fullerton Arboretum boasts over 26-acres of botanical gardens. I was able to manage walking the paths for at least 1.5hrs and still didn't walk them all.


The array of colors this time of year is fabulous! There are so many different plants, over 4,000 plants, making it the largest botanical garden in Orange County.


While walking near the lake, people were pointing at the water with 'ooh's and 'ahh's. At first I wasn't sure what they were seeing, until I stood still and looked hard. There were itty bitty baby turtles swimming around! There was a whole bunch of life under the surface that I may have missed if there weren't others pointing. I also saw that there was a collection of turtles on a log which I initially thought were a pile of rocks. In the photo above, there is also a family of ducks. What a great photo opportunity!


I saw these flowers and have decided this is a plant I want in my yard. Can any of My Fairy Folks help me to identify it?



Unfortunately, while I was at this event, I did learn that the future of the Fullerton Arboretum may be in danger. I was hoping to tour the Clark House but had run out of time, and now I hope it will still be there next year (if they continue to do this event, of course). I found a news article about the situation online. If you'd like to read it, click here.


WE'D LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU
grandmasEFG@gmail.com
PLEASE SUBSCRIBE

No comments:

Post a Comment