Saturday, April 6, 2019

Food Garden Friday - Springing The Heat



This week's feature in my food garden is this large container. There are a few purple viola on either side in the front and some yellow and purple snapdragons on either side in the rear, the cost of these flowers were less than a $1 since I purchased them in 6 packs at Lowe's. There is also cilantro, Ancho Pepper and radish which, when paired with tomatoes and onions that I'm growing elsewhere in my garden, will make up a very nice salsa.


These little sprouts are the radish making their way up. They're so cute when they're young. The grass clippings are here to hopefully keep the moisture in. Spring has just begun, but here in California, when the sun is out, it gets hot pretty quick.


These three characters are taking a trip down the lazy river in their make-shift leaf boats. I wonder if they're training for anything? I know last Summer they had a race - I wonder if they're up for it again this year?


 WE'D LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU
grandmasEFG@gmail.com
PLEASE SUBSCRIBE


No comments:

Post a Comment