Friday, October 6, 2017

Children At Play Series - Pt 5: Little House in the Container



I know I'm not the only one who has noticed that the quality of take out containers have become much better in the last few decades. Here's a new way to recycle those takeout containers - turn them into a little garden!



Here are two containers that used to hold salad, purchased at a local deli near my work. This wasn't the first time I'd purchased a salad at this location, but one day it clicked that I could repurpose the containers. I cleaned them out and punctured a few drainage points in them.



Here are some supplies for this project; left over moss sheets from a previous project, succulent clippings from my yard and two new houses - these cute houses were $2 each at Jo-Ann. I encourage those who are planting succulents to use succulent potting mix in their projects.



After putting some soil in the container and arranging the succulents, I set down a small patch of moss sheet in the middle and arranged some small rocks along the perimeter of the container, placing the featured house in the middle of the scene.




PLEASE COME VISIT MY FAIRY PAGE
grandmasefg@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment