Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Very Special Valentine


Caspian, left, seen chatting with Tink.
It's been quite a while since I've sat and talked with Grace but just this morning she came to me, asking for my help. It turns out that she's been quite busy with The Fairy Bugle which is a newsletter she's been in charge of that helps keep all the fairies in the know, especially busy fairies like the Queen and distant friends like Buddy the Elf. Grace asked if I could bring my camera to the garden to capture a special moment she was tipped off on. I was eager to help and followed her, being sure to be discrete. Before hiding amidst the greenery, Grace pointed in the direction she wanted me to focus on. I looked toward a red tin container with some colorful flowers and also noticed two fairies, Caspian and Tink. I assumed this was what Grace wanted me to capture so I kept my distance and took some pictures.

It turns out that Caspian had informed Grace ahead of time that he planned to ask Tink a very important question and wanted to capture the moment in photo and story. 

Caspian pulled out a bouquet of flowers and offered them to Tink.

"These are for you," Caspian said. "I realize I get you flowers every Valentine's Day but these are a special kind of flower."

"Oh?" Tink questioned. "How so?"

"This bouquet is actually not your Valentine's gift. I admit, I didn't get you a Valentine gift this year but it was because I was planning something much better. This, Tink, is an engagement bouquet and I am offering it to you in hopes that you'll accept it, and me as your mate."

Tink immediately jumped up and down excitedly. "Of course I do! Yes, yes, yes! Absolutely, one hundred times yes!" Her wings took her up into the air and head over feet into a few aerial tumbles before she flew back down and wrapped her arms around Caspian who was laughing.


Tink took the bouquet in her arms and smiled wide, finding it hard to keep from giggling with glee. Grace came out of hiding to congratulate the two and let Tink know that this would be in the newsletter and that photos had been taken to preserve the moment. Grace and I left the two to enjoy each other's company and talk about all the possibilities the future has.

Happy Valentine's Day to you and yours. Did anything great happen to any of My Fairy Folks this Valentine's Day?


PLEASE COME VISIT MY FAIRY PAGE

No comments:

Post a Comment