Monday, August 27, 2018

Fairy Garden Class - Jade Forest



This drawer was gifted to me recently by one of My Fairy Folks (click here to read the post). I decided to begin working on a jade forest with this container garden.


A large garbage bag lines and protects the wooden drawer that acts as a container garden. I punctured the bag at two corners where it will allow drainage. A layer of small rocks will help the soil drain excess water.


With the potting mix laid in, I carved a divot down the middle to create a path and planned out the jade placement.


After I planted the jade, I decided it was too bare as is and found some extra plants laying around to fill in the empty space.


Besides Jade, I also planted dwarf cup flower up front and Gomphrena is the plant in the rear with the purple blooms that look like berries. I purchased these additions from Home Depot for less than a dollar each.


I decided on a good spot for this container garden and was able to prop it at an angle that will help navigate excess water to my planned drainage points. After cutting off the excess garbage bag and tucked it in, I added a layer of moss and larger rocks (this will help keep moisture in the soil).


Finally I added some small pebbles in the middle to create a path that will act as a beautiful scene for some fairies to enjoy.

WE'D LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU
grandmasEFG@gmail.com
PLEASE SUBSCRIBE

No comments:

Post a Comment