Sunday, January 7, 2018

Light and Laughter

Recently, a new development took place here at Grandma's Enchanted Fairy Garden. I took Mr. Peanut out to go potty before we went to bed as we usually do, but just before we were ready to go back inside, Mr. Peanut stopped and looked at me. "What?" I asked. He looked in the direction of my garden, his ears perked and his nose sniffing the air. He quickly left the front porch and head toward the back.


"Mr. Peanut, where are you going!?" I followed his wagging tail around the corner and looked in the direction he was heading. I saw a faint light that I hadn't noticed before. Could this be what Mr. Peanut sensed? I moved closer and realized there was a sound coming from the direction as well. Maybe this is what Mr. Peanut heard that caught his attention. I got closer to investigate.

Mr. Peanut was very interested but very quiet and sat calmly until I reached the light. I realized the sounds I heard were laughter! Two snowmen were swinging all alone but seemed very joyful. "Wheee!" said the young one on the swing. "Not too high," said the other in a careful tone. They seemed to be a father and son. I listened as they sang a Christmas song together and applauded lightly when they finished before introducing myself.

"Oh how wonderful that we have this chance to meet," said the father. "It's been quite warm during the day when I've been told you visit often so I was hoping we would happen upon you one night."
I smiled. "You can thank Mr. Peanut here for that. I was ready to go back inside but he heard your laughter and I followed him over here. I'm happy to meet you."
"My son and I would like to thank you for making such a wonderful place for us to swing by on our travels." We all laughed at his pun and sang some songs together before Mr. Peanut and I called it a night.




PLEASE COME VISIT MY FAIRY PAGE

No comments:

Post a Comment