Sunday, January 7, 2018

Review: Terrarium Glow Kit

For Christmas I received this Glow-in-the-Dark Terrarium kit from one of my grand-daughters (among some other wonderful Fairy Garden items). I had some free time recently and am here to report how this kit worked out. 


The listed contents for this kit.


Here are the contents of the kit all laid out, excluding the glow-in-the-dark stickers (which I decided not to use on my kit so that I could see everything better). The lid was definitely my favorite part of this kit. Unfortunately the amount of glow-in-the-dark sand provided does not measure up with what is shown on the box. I was sad to learn that the sand is the only thing in this kit that glows and it ended up being barely visible (I tested the stickers and they gave a vague glow as well). 



I actually decided to add extra white pebbles since the kit's supply was so small. The blue pebbles were skimpy as well and only on this side of the jar. I also placed the glow sand on the same side because there wasn't even enough to have a noticeable layer all the way around!


I added the "grass" that came with the kit (which is made to look like moss but I honestly don't know what it is made of). The "grass" that came with the kit was in abundance so I only used about 1/4 of the supply and it was so fine that it was hard to keep it from seeping through the layer of pebbles. I would suggest you put a layer of sand between the pebbles and the grass to prevent it from seeping down. But I will say that this grass allowed the figurines to remain stable, whereas using moss might allow them to shift.




Here's a picture I took of the completed kit in my bathroom. I tried to take a picture outside at night, but it wasn't visibly glowing and I could only see the sand glow when I was in complete darkness. Realize that this kit did come with glow-in-the-dark stickers which might make it look better at night, but I think it'd block the view of the contents during the day. If you get this kit, I'd suggest buying extra glow-in-the-dark sand.

Overall, I think this is an easy kit for young children but could be made better with, at the least, more glow-in-the-dark sand. Hey, maybe even get some glow-in-the-dark paint and put it on the fairy wings and the horse body. It's your kit, get creative.

You can't imagine how hard it was to capture this picture. Drink it in.


PLEASE COME VISIT MY FAIRY PAGE

No comments:

Post a Comment