Friday, January 5, 2018

My Fairy Folks: New Year Tradition


Our friends from Los Angeles, California are back with a fairy offering. This time Willow and little Mina have shared with us their New Year tradition.

Top, clockwise: Steak and gravy, Black eyed peas pot licker, oatmeal cookie, cornbread and butter, corn, honey glazed carrots, and steamed broccoli and cauliflower.


Willow writes, "in the South, we eat black-eyed peas on New Years day to bring good luck for the year. Being from southern roots, I made my black-eyed peas 'pot licker' style."

I'd never heard of pot licker before, so I looked it up and found that it is a term not often used outside of Southern America and means that something is made with pork fat and is so yummy that you want to lick the pot clean! I'm so jealous of the fairies that got to dig in to this feast!


Mina placed the plate of food in the area of their yard they have dedicated for fairies. They leave the food out overnight so that any hungry fairy can come as they wish for a lovely snack.

Thank you to all of My Fairy Folks that contributed throughout the holidays! I hope you all have a wonderful year and continue to check in here, especially in the next few months when we'll have a special announcement you'll want to know about.


PLEASE COME VISIT MY FAIRY PAGE

No comments:

Post a Comment