Thursday, December 7, 2017

Fairy Garden Class - Frosty Winter

Anastasia looks beautiful in her full gown that blends in with this winter scene.


There is a chill in the air, reminding us that a new season has arrived, and with it is a new opportunity for decorative container gardens. This is the first Winter garden of the season that begins with the usual container with drainage holes, gravel and potting soil. This time around I bought my plants at Lowes and settled on four plants; I picked up alyssum, dianthus and dwarf snapdragons as well as dusty miller plants.


I placed the plants along the outside of the container, leaving space in the middle for room to get creative.


Once I was happy with the placement of my plants, I began to add elements to build my theme. The plastic snowflakes, nutcrackers and silver frills are all leftover items from last Christmas. I used fine white gravel to imitate snow and punched it up with some glitter.


By leaving empty space in the middle of this container garden, I've allowed room for many possibilities. Anastacia thinks it is a lovely place and is an example of how to add one simple centerpiece.



Another option is to add more than one center piece and create a scene. Here I've added a small house, some frosted trees and a quaint swing where Gloria has taken residence.

If you have some festive winter gardens you'd like to share, please send me your pictures and a small paragraph of some information on your creation.


PLEASE COME VISIT MY FAIRY PAGE
grandmasefg@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment