Thursday, May 3, 2018

Local Happenings: Green Scene Expo 2018


Two weeks ago I took a day trip to Fullerton, CA with my good friend to an event we've attended for a few years now. The event was on Saturday and Sunday but we decided to get there as soon as they opened to the public Saturday for an entry fee of $8 which includes parking. Already at 10am the place was packed with people! The event has been pretty popular every year I attend.


The event is held every year at the Fullerton Arboretum which is a lovely setting with manmade ponds and waterfall (pictured above). Below are some pictures from vendors.





I found these plants to be so unique but did not purchase one.




Looking through my photos, I regret greatly not purchasing this grapevine-looking succulent. It would have been perfect for my vineyard scene I have planned. Well, there's always next year.




These plants have a pop of color that almost look photoshopped! The bright pink and purple could be used for lots of great scenes, including Spring and Mardi Gras.


One of the plants I purchased on this trip was this colorful bunch of peppers. Purple, Yellow and Orange peppers will brighten the food garden portion of my yard. While it is a pepper plant, the card specifically says they are not meant for consumption. Be sure to read all instructions on any plants you purchase.


This cucumber plant was purchased for my food garden, making it the 5th type for my garden. My granddaughter likes cucumbers so I tried to plant some from seeds earlier this year but it didn't take. So I decided to find a variety of cucumber plants to put in my food garden.


Have you ever seen a purple bell pepper? This was my first time seeing it and I decided that I needed to add it to my food garden. Purple is a magical color and this pepper is said to transition through four different colors!


On the way out of the succulent maze, there are many booths at the end of the event that you will want to save some money for. The Fullerton Garden Club has been there every year I've gone and they have so many wonderful plants for sale.


This adorable planter and healthy succulents are priced at only $10!


These ceramic mushrooms caught my attention, designed by a member of the Fullerton Garden Club.


Each container is priced very well for the amount of succulents they pack in there!


I found these garden markers for sale at another booth. There are so many creative people at this event!


Fairy Garden doors for sale! This cute basket had a fantastical door as well as some small decorations to accent the magical feel. 


This fairy home comes with lovely outdoor seating to enjoy a lovely, sunny day.


This vendor sold some unique Driftwood Creations (which is also their namesake). Owner Tim Shea and his wife were there to answer my questions about their art.


This particular piece is one I plan on purchasing. Their contact information is 714-875-5509 or Tim.Shea@hotmail.com


This vendor has taken an artistic approach to "what makes something a planter?" The following three pictures are from the same vendor.


This little buggy container makes you feel like it is housing some precious cargo. The chicken planter is the perfect size for the small succulent inside.


A small Radio Flyer is home to these succulents. I can just imagine them racing downhill.


This was definitely an eye catching display, both with color and function.


Gano Studios had a large display of ceramic containers. So many unique shapes and styles.


If you would like to contact Jenny and Jason Gano, I was able to grab their information.
FB: JenniferGanoArtist
GanoArtist@gmail.com
Instagram: JennyGano


Compared to the prices in the main area of the event, these succulents are a steal, especially with some interesting containers.


One booth had some air plants for sale and I managed to pick up a few.


It really is amazing what people can turn into a planter! I'm so happy I was able to attend this year and already can't wait for next year's event!

If you'd like to see the videos I took, pop over to my YouTube Channel.



PLEASE COME VISIT MY FAIRY PAGE
grandmasefg@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment