Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Illuminate - Copper Canvas















This piece of wall decor was purchased at a second hand store for $1 a long time ago. The color was faded and it needed new life. The top left photo shows the original state of the piece and the top right photo is after I painted it white. White is a much better base color to work with since it will allow any top coat to show its true color. 

The photos below are my second coat of paint with copper. For some reason the camera refused to capture the true color; it looks red but I promise it is copper (as you'll see in the following pictures). I chose copper to match the lights which have copper wire that I planned to pair with this project. This project was inspired by a post shared on Google+. I've had this piece for a long time and knew it would perfect for this project.




After the paint dried, I wrapped a string of solar lights purchased from the Wish app around the iron work and attached it to my fence with some string to reinforce the structure. I'm really pleased with how bright these tiny lights are. They were very cheap and I will probably buy more in the future. 


The lights in the glass containers near the bottom of this garden are tea lights; my previous preferred method to illuminating my garden. The difference in color and brightness is very apparent here. I plan to replace most of the lights in my garden with solar lights because they're so convenient.

WE'D LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU
grandmasEFG@gmail.com
PLEASE SUBSCRIBE

No comments:

Post a Comment