Friday, June 8, 2018

Garden A Day Challenge - Day 8, World Oceans Day



Today is World Oceans Day and I have a treat for My Fairy Folks. This 8th garden of the month is one piece of a big achievement. The large shell and coral were purchased from Jo-Ann recently. The layer of fire glass is the last of my supply from Home Depot (it was pretty pricey but has lasted me quite a few years in many different gardens) as well as this new container. The large chunks of sea glass are from Dollar Tree. All succulents in this scene are cuttings from my yard.


This container garden was completed last month but I had forgotten to share it. The mermaid pair are from Hobby Lobby ($8 for the pair, not on sale) and the sea shells were gifts. The large plants were purchased from the garden show I went to last month, and I have them in my garden often but can never remember the name of the darn thing. 


Here is the first cleaned up area of my garden! I'm so happy to see Fairy Shores looking beautiful again. This picture is exactly why I created the Garden A Day Challenge. I can take a photo of more than one garden scene without feeling that it's cluttered or dirty. 

The sea horse in the container behind the mermaids was given to me by a Fairy Follower a few years ago and is no stranger to Fairy Shores. The tin container (furthest left) and sea horse container will be spruced up soon enough but I couldn't wait to show off the actual progress I've made in just over a week. I'm so happy I was able to reveal this area just in time to celebrate World Oceans Day!

WE'D LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU
grandmasEFG@gmail.com
PLEASE SUBSCRIBE

No comments:

Post a Comment