Sunday, June 3, 2018

Garden A Day Challenge - Day 3, Salvaged by Salvia



For day three of the Garden A Day Challenge, I decided to breath new life into this small terra cotta pot. The Johnny Jump Up plants were half dead and being taken over by weeds so I decided to swoop in, clean up and salvage what I could.

Don't recognize the name "Johnny Jump Up"? That might be because this refers to a number of Viola species including Viola bicolor (American field pansy), Viola cornuta (tufted pansy), Viola pedunculata (California golden violet) and Viola tricolor (heartsease). This is not surprising considering that the Violaceae family has nearly 600 species in it, one of the most predominant being the Viola. Thank you, Wikipedia. 

I am a big fan of this plant and am happy to have been able to salvage a few bits.


A closer look at this garden is necessary to see the micro decorations. I typically use miniature items to decorate my fairy gardens but my son and daughter-in-law gifted a set of micro fairy garden accessories, a portion of which is shown in this scene. This discovery has certainly opened a new door of possibilities to me in my effort to continue to put my creativity to the test! The black pebbles are from the Dollar Tree and the sea glass was something I already had. 


What a lovely new home for my salvia plant purchased from Home Depot.

WE'D LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU
grandmasEFG@gmail.com
PLEASE SUBSCRIBE

No comments:

Post a Comment